Threaded Taper for Threaded Body Jewelry
Tapers make changing threaded jewelry simple and smooth. Whether you're changing the threaded jewelry in your conch, septum, lip, navel, nipple, or genital piercing, you're guaranteed a smooth transfer.
Use a taper that is the same size as the post of your piercing, i.e., use an 18g taper for 18g jewelry. Not sure what size post you'll need? Send us an email!
Steps to changing threadless jewelry at home:
- Remove threaded end-piece from existing post
- Screw the threaded taper into the hollow opening of the existing post.
- Using the taper, push existing post out of piercing channel. Leave the middle of the taper in the piercing channel.
- Remove the previous post from the threaded end on the taper and replace with the replacement post (shortening or lengthening as necessary).
- Push the taper and new post back through the piercing channel.
- Unscrew the threaded taper and screw the (new) end-piece back into the hollow opening in the new post.