- Piercing Placement
- Pin Taper for Threadless Jewelry
Pin Taper for Threadless Jewelry
Pin tapers make changing threadless jewelry a breeze. Bink's carries threadless jewelry for lobe, helix, conch, rook, tragus, eyebrow, nostril, lip, and nipple piercings!
Use a taper that is the same size as the post of your piercing, i.e., use an 18g taper for 18g jewelry. Not sure what size post you'll need? Send us an email!
Steps to changing threadless jewelry at home:
- Remove threadless end-piece from existing post
- Place pin from the taper into the hollow opening of the existing post.
- Using the taper, push existing post out of piercing channel. Leave the middle of the taper in the piercing channel.
- Remove the previous post from the pin on the taper and replace with the replacement post (shortening or lengthening as necessary).
- Push the taper and new post back through the piercing channel.
- Remove the pin taper and push the threadless end-piece back into the hollow opening in the new post.
If you're a visual learner, here are a few videos to help demonstrate a threadless jewelry change.
From Brilliance Piercing - https://youtu.be/iZJVfcbTvmY
From Industrial Berkeley - https://youtu.be/NAOqfY7y8aI